Next Level Apparel 60% Cotton & 40% Polyester
Black cotton tee shirt sports our take on the popular theme. Front reads "If you don't know Jorma, You don't know Jack" - and the back features a fabulous photo of these two lifelong musical friends....
Rev. Gary Davis is the real thing. The authentic blind-seer. He is a genius with a brightly burning spirit, enormous musical intelligence, technical brilliance, an encyclopedic memory, driving passion, deep faith, a raunchy and gracious sense of humor. A mystic. He is an icon of the style of guitar he was born into, known today as the Piedmont blues. Through players of the first half of the twentieth century like Alfred Shultz, Mose Ranger, Merle Travis, and Chet Atkins, this is the signature American fingerpicking style that would so deeply inform the country, folk, blues and even rock and roll of our day. ...
1. Kentucky Blues by Little Hat Jones
2. Crow Jane by Carl Martin
3. Fare Thee Blues, Pt. 1 by Johnnie Head
4. Honey Blues by 'Funny Papa' Smith
5. Lost Lover Blues by Lottie Kimbrough & Winston Holmes
6. Just Can't Stand It by Fred McMullen & Ruth Willis
7. Rollin' Dough Blues by Jack Gowdlock
8. Two White Horses in a Line by The Two Poor Boys
9. Shotgun Blues by Bob Campbell
10. Always in Love with You by C...
~~Johnson's guitar picking, not half the emotional tour de force of his slide work, prods most of the spirituals rounding out his recording legacy. Late-1920s slide supplications "You'll Need Somebody on Your Bond" and "Lord, I Just Can't Keep from Crying" make the best case for purchasing this disc.
1. John the Revelator
2. You'll Need Somebody On Your Bond
3. Let Your Light Shine On Me
4. Everybody Ought To Treat A Stranger Right
5. Lord, I Just Can't Keep From Crying
6. If I Had My Way I'd Tear the Building Down
7. If It Had Not Been For Jesus